Continuing Professional Development
HISP TSH promotes high-quality evidence based CPD delivered through DfE approved curriculum hubs or programmes.
Support from DfE-funded school hubs
The DfE have produced a curriculum hub visual map, as a ‘one-stop’ shop for school leaders to navigate the hub support available and how to access it.
The curriculum hub map contains links to the new gov.uk pages, which give further detail into each curriculum hub programme offer. The DfE encourages collaborative working between hubs and this diagram focuses on the support that hubs provide directly to teachers and leaders.
All CPD that we promote is underpinned by the Standard for Teachers’ Professional Development.
The pillars that constitute the standard are:
- Professional development should have a focus on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes
- Professional development should be underpinned by robust evidence and expertise
- Professional development should include collaboration and expert challenge
- Professional development programmes should be sustained over time
- Professional development must be prioritised by school leadership