Role of the Teaching School Hub
The role of the Hampshire, IoW, Southampton and Portsmouth (HISP) Teaching School Hub
87 Teaching School Hubs have been designated by the DfE to be central to the training and development of teachers throughout their career by providing evidence-based programmes of support and qualification. TSHs will help teachers to progress through whichever career pathway they choose.
As the HISP TSH we will support the development of teachers working in all phases/types of schools by developing networks of schools that can support the delivery of each of the core activities to the full range of the teaching workforce.
The core activities undertaken by the HISP TSH will include:
• Deliver and support of Initial Teacher Training (ITT)
• Delivery of the Early Career Framework (ECF)
• Providing Appropriate Body (AB) services for Early Career Teachers
• Delivery of National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
• Continuous Professional Development (CPD)